Tuesday, August 14, 2012
First night!
After 2 days of travel I am finally in Cuenca! The country is so beautiful. The city is basically a colorful array of buildings built right into the mountains. I wish I could post pix, but still pictures would hardly do it justice. The sunrise this morning made it look like the city was on fire, it was so beautiful. Today we went and visited the city and also the OSSO orphanages. The city is awesome and the children are precious. Most of the children have disabilities and need to be wheeled around, but are always happy and super excited to do activities. Tomorrow I get to work in "Casa Esperanza," and my job will be to assist the tías in taking care of the couple orphans there by dressing them, brushing their teeth, feeding them breakfast, then do physical therapies to keep them developmentally on track. First day on the job starts in 6 hours. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment