These past days have been crazy! Every day that passes I love this place more and more. First of all: Casas is a mad house now. In the past week the number of kids almost doubled! We now have little Daniel, Karlita, and her sister Maria Jasmine. All the kids are the cutest little angels and I am uploading pics on imgur while I´m typing. If you still don´t have the imgur username and password just ask in the comments. I´ve learned to love these kids so much just by working with them seeing them through a perspective of service. If you change someone´s diaper just the right amount of times it´s impossible not to love them.
The whole schedual right now is becoming a great daily routine. My alarm goes off at 6:20 then I wake up at 6:45. The bus leaves for my first shift at 7 then depending on the location I feed the kids, brush their teeth, and bring them outside for an activity. After that I basically hold them off until papilla, or snack, then more acctivities and lunch. Then at noon the bus takes us home to lunch and we leave again at 2 for afternoon shift. In afternoon shift you work activities with the kids until pretty much dinner, then you leave for home around 6. 9 hours a day, 7 days a week, with three off shifts makes about a 50 hour work week.
Recently the family went out zip lining in the mountains and toured the museum with some incan ruins out behind the banco central. The pictures are below. I won´t bore you with a long story and instead just title the pictures!
A parrot that lives out in an aviary hidden in the bank gardens.
Didn´t know why but I took a pic... no real story.
The fountain between el Banco Central and el Museo.
The hillside that leads to the Native American gardens.
Una vaca... what else is there to say? (He´s not stray, this one is on a leash)
Brothers
The view from the mountains.
Some weird native tree.
The view from behind the bank.
After Zip Lining.
While Zip Lining.
Ecuador.
Houses
Car wash by the river,
yep.
Befor zip lining.
A house.
If you look closely, you can see the basketball court also has futbol goals and a volleyball net.
Yep. thats it.
I'm sorry Jeremie, but I think that if I had to change your diaper, it wouldn't make me love you more...
ReplyDeleteBECAUSE I ALREADY LOVE YOU THE MOST
ReplyDeleteFirst of all: I'm old enough now to change myself. And second: it's called a pull up, not a diaper. Live you too! Haha :D
DeleteHey, it's cj! Don't pay any attention to the username... I made it in like middle school haha. Anyways, I just read your entire blog right now and I didn't actually think that you were going to keep up with it, so good job! Are you able to take photos of the children? (:
ReplyDeleteI'm actually not. But there is an OSSO photographer that is. Im uploading pics of the kids to an imgur account because they all need to be regulated and it needs to be private. The law is strict about that kind of thing. But if you want to see em I can give you the username and password to the imgur account :)
ReplyDeleteSounds good, fb me the imgur info! The kids sound so adorable :D
DeleteHey Jeremie this is Spencer Cannon, dude this is so cool! It's got to be a blast doing this!
ReplyDeleteJEREMIE!!! WHY NO NEW POSTS???????
ReplyDeleteAaron. I will do a post tonight. Right now. Just because you asked. Love you!
ReplyDelete