Saturday, August 18, 2012

Looking out the car window

From the OSSO house to the orphanages there is a 20 minute drive through lawless roads con loco drivers, and one thing I've noticed is that if you pay close attention while looking out the window you will see some pretty crazy things. 2 days ago I saw a dog looking in display cases at a pharmacy, except there was no one else in the store and he was intently staring at one thing, as if he was trying to decide wether or not to buy it. Yesterday I saw a man cooking a whole pig over a fire then scraping off all the black ash so there was no hair on it when he took his first bite. To top that off I saw a white horse today. In the middle of the city. Walking around on a soccer field. Completely alone. Things are so different here it blows me away sometimes.

Other than that the last 2 days have been so busy. I got put in Casas all day yesterday and I got so tired at the end of the day, especially since they don't speak any english. But it's such an amazing job and it's impossible not to love these kids, there so cute! I have some pictures online and if u want to see I can message you my imgur username and password. I made an account especially for this. This morning I finally got to visit Cunas, where the babies stay. Today I changed more diapers than I have in my entire life. But I still very much enjoyed it. José Luis started walking this week and he is the cutest thing. He is so proud of it and I wish you could all see his little smile after taking his steps, I love them all so much. And can't wait to go back tomorrow.

So this afternoon I went out to buy food at the fruit market and me and Zach made a passion fruit smoothie, it was awesome but I started thinking that I really miss American food. So in the next couple days could you eat something American for me and tell me all about it? I love Phil's, In n Out, and anything that includes muchos carne! I would much appreciate it! Love you guys!

6 comments:

  1. Dude, sounds pretty weird. But awesome! Dont worry, I will eat plenty of delicious meats for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaron post pictures! I will post pics of weird fruit. And delicious rodents.

      Delete
  2. Jeremie, I ate some nachos on your behalf. Are you sure you weren't seeing a vision when you saw the white horse in the field? Sounds very symbolic.

    Great work. Please do email me the imgur password info.

    Te amo!

    Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you a message on fb now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could you email the imgur password too please?:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For sure :) I'll send a message on fb

    ReplyDelete