Sunday, August 26, 2012

Low Gas Prices


So I wasn´t sure what to write about and I even decided not to write yesterday because I just didn´t feel like it. But today is Sunday, and on Sundays we all get together and have a devotional. Today the message was in the song: I am a Child of God. there is a line in the song that goes something like

¨Thank thee for this earthly home with parents kind and dear.¨

The question that came to my mind, and the others, was why don´t these children have these amazing blessings that we are given? Why does God give one of his children more than an other? God gives his children these blessings so they can act as family for those children without parents kind and dear. The children here look to us as family. We are their family and I´m glad I have the oppurtunity to show them that Christ and I both love them so much. I have a new apreciation for this hymn, number 220. I love verse 3:

I would be my brother's keeper;
I would learn the healer's art.
To the wounded and the weary
I would show a gentle heart.
I would be my brother's keeper-
Lord, I would follow thee.

Love and miss you guys! Good luck to those starting school! See you guys in 6 weeks! Oh, yeah, and gas is a dollar a gallon here.

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing experience!! Thank you so much for sharing your experiences. We all need to be reminded of what's really important in life:) Keeping you in my prayers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :) being here is such a great blessing, and I'm so glad I get to share it with others :) I'll keep praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss you so much Jeremie! You're the best. We went to Phil's with the quorum yesterday, and it wasn't quite the same without you

    ReplyDelete
  4. PHILLLLLLLL´s... Aaron, I miss you. You are amazing. I can´t wait to see you again. When I get back we are going to Phil´s, In n Out, and having a steak, all in the same day. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YESSSS!!!!! THIS SHALL HAPPEN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's do it. Also the script is playing at the bay that same night too. It would be a night never to be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete