Monday, August 20, 2012

Stray cow

So I finally came up with a system for titling my posts. I'm just gonna pick the weirdest thing I've seen that day or the day before and use that as my title. And yes I saw a stray cow walking through one of the neighborhoods here.

Anyways these past days have been crazy. It's an experience where the days feel like weeks and the weeks feel like days. It is hard for me to imagine that I've already spent a week here. I love it so much here and I love the kids. These past 2 days I've been working in OSSO Alegría, where the younger kids are. As soon as you walk in it becomes a mad house. Kids are crying right and left and it's your job to make sure that they aren't. On the bus ride home after my first 5 hour shift I was wondering why I was even here the work was so hard. But when I went back later I was reminded why: these kids, when they are cared for become some of the happiest people you've ever seen, and they rub off on you. It's impossible not to feel amazing when you're helping Pablito walk around on his feet. You can't be mad at Dominica when all she wants is to sit on your lap while you help the other kids. These kids are so precious and I hope I can learn from them and become happy for the little things, like the spirit that cones from service. Yesterday I got to take Marcelo and Edison to church, and even though I couldn't understand much of what the speakers were saying I was glad I could take someone who normally wouldn't have the chance to a place where they could feel the spirit. I just love being here and I can't wait to work tomorrow. I miss all of you and love you all!

Also: I've got a drawing that Marcelo did on my iPod of me. I though it was pretty cute. I'll also upload some other pics but if you want to see pics of the kids you need to message me privately and I'll give you access to an imgur account with pics.
The view from our casa.

Another pic of the view.

I guess I kinda overdid it...

Yep. For sure.

A pic of all the produce they have at the fruit market.

Sketchy baggage claim.
This is what Marcelo thinks I look like.

3 comments:

  1. First of all, your blog is awesome! I am so glad you and your family are at OSSO because I know the kids are being taken care of so well. I worked in Alegría a lot, and I loved it...haha but yes, it was CRAZY. I miss Marcelo, Dominica, Pablito... all of them. Please give them hugs for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure will! Thank you! Do you want to have access to the pics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great, if it's not to much trouble. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete