So today right before dinner the worker Irene asked me to take the kids for baños y las manos. But my language barrier decided to let through the word: bañarlos. You guys could guess the rest. I took all the Casas kids out and gave them baths one at a time, while poor Irene waited in El Comedor togive them dinner. Sooner or later Zach comes into a room full of screaming, wet, naked boys asking why they were not eating dinner. My response: I'm getting dressed I'll be there in a second. When Irene found out she just laughed about it, which is better than the alternative, I just thought that was the strangest thing that happened today.
So Maite and her brothers are now gone to live with their grandma in New York, Carlitos and Linda are leaving to live with their aunt in Guayaquil this weekend, and Wilson and Mercy will in 2 weeks go live with their grandparents in the Amazon. I hope that in the little bit of time I've been blessed to have with them I've been able to serve them well.
I watched Elder Holland's devotional today with the other volunteers and it was amazing. It made me so grateful that I can build my own spiritual haven from the world by living the gospel and having the spirit with me. I love Elder Holland's dream of being caught by Jesus while serving him. I share a similar hope, that any moment I could be caught by surprise, and I hope to be found serving others. I love and miss you guys so much, and I hope I get to see you soon!
haha "Well this has the potential to get awkward..."
ReplyDelete