Today was pretty great, especially in the afternoon. All the kids with september birthdays celebrated in OSSO and the Casas kids were invited. I got to take all the kids and have them see the other locations I work at. We all got together and some of the volunteers dances thriller for the workers, them the workers danced to a dong called something like chiuaua, ad finally Zach danced to firework. Pretty fun. Then, after cake and some delicious jello yogurt crossover, we did the piƱata, ate candy, and all got sugar highs. It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I got to be there. I just feel really bad for the worker who had do put them to bed while they were all hyped up.
So this past week I've had a very unique experience. Rex, the founder of OSSO is staying in the house. All the people here love him, and after talking to him I understand why. He is such an awesome charitable person, and I can't imagine anyone who wouldn't love him. A couple days ago he told some of the volunteers that the thought of no one wanting these orphans is the same as saying there are bricks of gold laying in the street, and no one wants them. But I know that even if they don't have parents here that want to raise them, there is a father for them up above and he will do everything to raise them right here. I'm so lucky to be a part of helping these kids, and I love being with them.
No comments:
Post a Comment