On the way to the orphanages in the mornings we drive by 3 houses that are built from some odd materials: a bus, wood, and nails. Someone had taken some old vans, boarded up the windows and parked it next to the other houses. I will try and take pictures to post. Other news is that Carlitos and his ñaña Linda will be going home with their aunt on Wednesday. That's super sad news for me and super happy news for the kids. Their aunt is a super nice lady who trust will treat them well. I'm just gonna miss them both so much. Seeing children leave the orphanage is very bittersweet, you are sad to see them leave, but happy to know they will be with family that loves them.
I've though a lot about the verses in the scriptures which say "when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." And the more I think about it tue more the answer becomes clear to me. God wants us to be like him so we can become perfect and live with him again, and God wants all his children cared for and loved, so he lets things happen to some if his children and he gives others the opportunity to serve and love those in need. We are serving God by doing what he wants us to do for his children, and we are doing what he would do in the same situation. We are becoming more like him while doing his work. I can't help but feeling so much love for these kids as I try and act as God or Jesus would be for them. Sometimes a particular child can be frustrating, but it doesn't mean I don't love them as much as the others. I'm so glad I can serve these kids and I can't wait to start my next shift tomorrow. I'm gonna be in Casas for 9 straight hours and I'm hope I can leave them happier and that I can find ways to help them all the day.
Je suis tres fier de toi. Je t'aime,
ReplyDeletePapa