Sunday, October 28, 2012
First Goodbyes
Today us Sunday, and my last shift is on Wednesday. It seems as if the past 3 months have flown by. I'm going to miss these kids so much. I spent my morning in Casas, where recently I've been training Valerie, to be the new site leader. Though it's been less training and more just letting her learn to control my crazy kids and love them. I then spent my afternoon in Casa Esperanza, where I'm not gonna work again. I have one more shift in that location, Los Pequenitos de OSSO; I have one more shift in Casa Milagros on Tuesday. Today in Casa Esperanza I got to spend some time with MartÃn, who normally doesn't get taken outside because he is very difficult to watch unless you stay with him the entire time. But he loves doing anything new, and we had an awesome time before I left. Something I realized today is that in the past couple months it's been easier and easier to talk with the kids. It's not that my Spanish is getting better because most of the kids at OSSO are handicapped and can't talk. It's just that I've come to realize how they will communicate and how I can help. I felt like I could understand little Brayan through his smiles. As I've said I'm excited to get home and see my friends and family, but I'm gonna be heartbroken leaving any of these kids behind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment