Thursday, October 25, 2012

Hamburger Graffiti

All over town I've been seeing the same graffiti signature. A pair of hamburgers on the same wall. And I finally just decided to start keeping track. So today was a pretty great day, I started off with a shift in Casas, like always. The reason for that is that the site leader goes to his/her site 5 to 7 times a week, so I spend over half my time there. But anyways I went and had an awesome time. I love walking into Tadeo Torres and having all the kids run and tell me "Hola! Jérémie!" it makes me so happy I get to be there to help in any way I can. In the afternoon I went out with one of the other volunteers and we explored the area down near the river tomebamba. There are some awesome little stores where you can buy humitas, a traditional treat here. We also walked to Los Artes del Fuego, where there are tons of artisans that do iron work. It was pretty cool, and all the pictures are on fb and my imgur.

No comments:

Post a Comment